How many times have you told yourself that this time will be different? If that sounds remotely familiar then this could be the day you discover the motivational secret you need for success.
The truth is, getting motivated is somewhat easy. It is staying motivated that even under the best circumstances is difficult. When we set new goals things usually begin strong. You resist the urge to buy foods that are unhealthy, you begin to be more active and your mindset is positive. Then life happens and in a series of events you end up procrastinating day after day.
Simple Tips For Staying Motivated With Healthy Eating Habits
- Keep It Interesting. Breaking up your routine of the same old recipes with new and fun recipes will keep your healthy eating plan interesting. When you find yourself bored it can be easy to return to old habits. Try buying new cooking items as, with anything new, you are likely excited to try it out!
- Find Foods You Enjoy. Explore and find real food that actually tastes really good to you. Not everyone likes the same things and it may take time to experiment and find what you enjoy. When you choose healthy foods that are delicious to you then and you’ll never want to stop eating them. Keep an eye out for new healthy recipes online, in cookbooks or magazines so you don’t ever feel bored with eating healthy.
- Meal Preparation. Meal prep is planning, preparing, and packaging your meals as well as snacks in advance. Many get in the habit of preparing for the upcoming week, and preparing with the intention of clean eating and portion control can be a great key to success for healthy eating goals. Use your calendar to time block and prioritize this time. This sets the intention to meal prep while also creating the time it will realistically take you. Play music, talk with a friend on speakerphone and learn to enjoy this time of preparation.
- Focus On How Different Foods Make You Feel. By focusing on how you feel after eating certain foods you will develop and sustain healthy habits. The healthier the food that you choose to eat, the better you’ll likely feel after a meal. The more unhealthy you eat, the more likely you are to feel uncomfortable, drained of energy or even nausea.
- Set Specific Goals And Write Them Down. Research has shown that people who wrote down their goals accomplished notably more than those who did not. Also, the more specific they were with their goals, the more likely they were to accomplish them. Since motivation isn’t something that we feel every moment, try to keep your specific goals with near you each day so that you can reach out for a reminder when you have moments that make you struggle.
Having healthy eating goals and habits are so important to our overall health. Eating a healthy diet is far from simple because humans are very complex beings and we can tend to make choices about food often for enjoyment rather than giving our body the proper fuel. Be patient with yourself and make sure to take time to celebrate each day’s journey.