With today’s lifestyle being hectic and fast-paced, many people routinely find themselves feeling tired and drained. Plenty of people go through their days feeling sluggish and try to combat it by consuming gallons of caffeinated beverages or drinking unhealthy energy drinks.
Aside from a busy schedule, the tiredness you’re experiencing may be lifestyle-related, in which case there are many things you can do to increase your energy levels.
Healthy Lifestyle Changes To Boost Your Energy
- Stay Hydrated. Let’s be honest, a large number of us walk around in a state of dehydration on a daily basis. When your body is dehydrated it can make you feel tired and sluggish as dehydration can affect your brain function, mood, and energy levels. we lose water by sweating and urinating daily. In order to stay hydrated, make sure you drink when you’re thirsty and if you sweat a lot due to hot weather or being very active, then you will need even more water to maintain hydration.
- Get More Sleep. Sleep is something that regularly gets put on the back burner when you’re busy. It is not surprising that it’s been estimated that 20–30% of the general population may experience poor sleep, thus missing out on important and necessary rest time. To improve quality of sleep, consider things like taking a warm bath before bed to relax your muscles and unwind, learning meditation or avoiding screentime for two hours before bed.
- Reduce Stress. Increased levels of stress can make you feel tired and drained. Find ways to minimize lifestyle-related stress as this can help keep up your energy levels. Adding activities that promote relaxation into your day will help. For many people increasing will exercise burns off the effects of stress and anger, while others may others find relief in quieter pursuits such as listening to music or even just talking to friends and loved ones.
- Eat A Nutritious Diet. If you’re always feeling tired, sluggish and low in energy, take a good look at your eating habits. When you feel tired, it is easy to reach for a sweet, sugar-filled snack. However, although sugar can give you a short-term energy boost, it will wear off quickly. A diet based on whole, healthy foods benefits your health and your energy levels. In contrast, a diet high in processed foods will negatively affect your energy levels.
- Stay Connected. Social and emotional connections are incredibly important for maintaining good health. If you feel tired and in low spirits, it can be very helpful to get out and socialize with friends, joining a social club or starting a new hobby that gets you out and about.
- Move More. Yes, it’s understandable that you feel too tired to exercise. However, studies show that the more you move, the more energy you’ll have. Exercising will cause your body to release epinephrine and norepinephrine, stress hormones that in modest amounts can make you feel energized. To incorporate exercise into your day, you could try getting away from your desk and going for a brisk walk on your lunch break, choosing the stairs instead of the elevator, or joining a local gym, pilates or yoga studio.
If you are one of the many people that feel tired and lack the energy to function at their best throughout the day, you are not alone. Remember that drinking enough water, eating a healthy diet, getting enough sleep and exercise and being sociable will benefit your energy levels and your health.
If you often feel tired, it’s worth taking a look at your lifestyle to see which healthy changes you can make that will boost your energy levels and make you feel energized.
Here at Ladies First, we want our members to feel at ease, pampered, and re-energized. Try one of our amazing selections of services to make your visit memorable, meaningful and enjoyable. Contact us today!